’Free VPN’’ on Reddit
Some ideas taken from the discussions are:
- A lot of users do not trust free VPN services and recommend to avoid them.
- TOR is recommended if you need to unblock websites only. VPN is preferred for the private Internet.
- Free VPNs are believed to sell users’ data to third parties that’s why they are not suitable for privacy.
- Still, such VPNs are familiar to everybody: Windscribe, Hola VPN extension, Proton.
‘’Netflix VPN’’ on Reddit
Having looked through Netflix via VPN subreddits, we understood that it should:
… provide fast enough speeds so that not to have a negative impact on streaming opportunities.
… work with Netflix: be able to avoid being identified by the company.
… have lots if IP addresses from different regions (USA is the most popular).
VPN services discussed for using to unblock Netflix: Nord VPN, CyberGhost, VyprVPN, PIA.
‘’Torrent VPN’’ on Reddit
As far as torrent VPN services are concerned, the following opinions are expressed:
- A VPN provider for torrenting must keep no logs about VPN users.
- Netizens who download torrents need a VPN for privacy as sometimes torrents are copyrighted.
- The choice of a torrent VPN will depend on personal needs and preferences. One shouldn’t rely on others’ choice.
- Torrenting via VPN is different from country to country: various laws on piracy.
‘’Best VPN’’ on Reddit
According to reddit users, among the best VPN providers are:
What do people look for in the best VPNs?
Here’s the number of features that are appreciated by redditors:
- Reliable encryption tools (users want their best VPN to be able to protect their personal information against hackers);
- Speedy connections (they need them for unblocking streaming services, so it shouldn’t slow down upload and download speeds).
- Wide choice of countries for VPN locations (they need to be able to use IPs from multiple regions.
- Strong VPN protocols (secure cyphered data transfer is a required feature for the best service).
- No-logging (if a provider keeps no logs, it ensures with a real privacy online).
That’s all for today’s post. Hope that you’ve drawn valuable insights from it.