Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
Tampa Bay Resigns Will Allen For One Year
Posted Feb 28, 2009 by Anwar S. Richardson
Updated Feb 28, 2009 at 09:59 PM
Tampa Bay has re-signed S Will Allen to a one-year worth a maximum of $2.35 million.
The Buccaneers are in danger of losing S Jermaine Phillips, who is currently testing the free agent, and Allen provides depth and experience for Tampa Bay. If Phillips signs with another team, Tampa Bay will likely start S Sabby Piscitelli and Allen will be able to backup him and S Tanard Jackson.
Allen has started in 24 games for Tampa Bay since being drafted by the Bucs (fourth round) in 2004. He was Tampa Bay’s starting safety in 2006 when the Bucs finished 4-12, but Bucs Coach Raheem Morris has always loved Allen’s athletic ability and his special teams contributions.
Last season, Allen had 11 tackles and appeared in all 16 games.