Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini reveals details about Pinnacle basketball
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
Rays sign former Dodger reliever RHP Cory Wade to minor league deal
Posted Nov 17, 2010 by Roger Mooney
Updated Nov 17, 2010 at 10:45 PM
By ROGER MOONEY
On the day the Rays officially lost one relief pitcher (Joaquin Benoit) who overcame shoulder surgery, they added another when they signed former Dodger Cory Wade to a minor league deal with an invite to spring training.
The right-handed Wade had shoulder surgery last March. He returned to the mound for the Triple A Albuquerque Isotopes and was 3-0 with a 4.91 ERA.
Wade was a combined 4-4 with a 3.18 ERA during the 2008 and 2009 seasons. He was a member of the Dodgers 2008 postseason team.
The 27-year-old was a 10th-round pick by the Dodgers in 2004.