Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Rays sign former Dodger reliever RHP Cory Wade to minor league deal
Posted Nov 17, 2010 by Roger Mooney
Updated Nov 17, 2010 at 10:45 PM
By ROGER MOONEY
On the day the Rays officially lost one relief pitcher (Joaquin Benoit) who overcame shoulder surgery, they added another when they signed former Dodger Cory Wade to a minor league deal with an invite to spring training.
The right-handed Wade had shoulder surgery last March. He returned to the mound for the Triple A Albuquerque Isotopes and was 3-0 with a 4.91 ERA.
Wade was a combined 4-4 with a 3.18 ERA during the 2008 and 2009 seasons. He was a member of the Dodgers 2008 postseason team.
The 27-year-old was a 10th-round pick by the Dodgers in 2004.