Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Plant plays well in first day of Nike event
Posted Jul 8, 2010 by Katherine Smith
Updated Jul 8, 2010 at 10:34 PM
Plant wrapped up the first day of the third annual Nike 7On tournament in Oregon with a 2-1 record in their pool.
The Panthers won their first two games of the competition against Texas’ Martin High and North Carolina Butler High, but then lost to Miami Northwestern, last year’s Nike champions, 30-16. That game was shown on ESPNU. Plant won the inaugural event in 2008.
Incoming senior Antonio Crawford continued his off-season emergence as a go-to guy for quarterback Phillip Ely by catching several touchdowns in the three games.
Plant is awaiting their seeding for tomorrow’s single-elimination championship bracket play. Friday’s final round of the competition begins at 1 p.m. (Eastern time). ESPNU will again air the action beginning at 9 p.m.