- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
McCarney out of mix at NIU
Posted Dec 13, 2007 by Brett McMurphy
Updated Dec 13, 2007 at 11:00 AM
Good news for USF, but bad news for Dan McCarney. The Bulls’ defensive line coach did not get the Northern Illinois job.
NIU will announce its new head coach today and it’s expected to be Southern Illinois coach Jerry Kill.
McCarney, who was a head coach at 12 seasons at Iowa State before coming to USF, was one of two finalists to interview Wednesday at Northern Illinois. McCarney could not be reached for comment. He had indicated earlier this season of his desire to become a head coach again.
His addition this season was a big boost to the defensive line, especially for sophomore DE George Selvie who earned consensus All-American honors after leading the nation in tackles for loss and being second in sacks.