- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
- Glennon finalist for rookie award for second straight week
- Donruss baseball returning in February
McCarney out of mix at NIU
Posted Dec 13, 2007 by Brett McMurphy
Updated Dec 13, 2007 at 11:00 AM
Good news for USF, but bad news for Dan McCarney. The Bulls’ defensive line coach did not get the Northern Illinois job.
NIU will announce its new head coach today and it’s expected to be Southern Illinois coach Jerry Kill.
McCarney, who was a head coach at 12 seasons at Iowa State before coming to USF, was one of two finalists to interview Wednesday at Northern Illinois. McCarney could not be reached for comment. He had indicated earlier this season of his desire to become a head coach again.
His addition this season was a big boost to the defensive line, especially for sophomore DE George Selvie who earned consensus All-American honors after leading the nation in tackles for loss and being second in sacks.