- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
McCarney out of mix at NIU
Posted Dec 13, 2007 by Brett McMurphy
Updated Dec 13, 2007 at 11:00 AM
Good news for USF, but bad news for Dan McCarney. The Bulls’ defensive line coach did not get the Northern Illinois job.
NIU will announce its new head coach today and it’s expected to be Southern Illinois coach Jerry Kill.
McCarney, who was a head coach at 12 seasons at Iowa State before coming to USF, was one of two finalists to interview Wednesday at Northern Illinois. McCarney could not be reached for comment. He had indicated earlier this season of his desire to become a head coach again.
His addition this season was a big boost to the defensive line, especially for sophomore DE George Selvie who earned consensus All-American honors after leading the nation in tackles for loss and being second in sacks.