- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Leavitt trying to get help for Alvarado
Posted Aug 18, 2009 by Brett McMurphy
Updated Aug 18, 2009 at 11:27 PM
With University of South Florida K Maikon Bonani (back) out for the season, Coach Jim Leavitt is trying to lessen some of Delbert Alvarado’s kicking responsibilities by trying to find a kickoff specialist.
Renato Proia, a goalkeeper for the Bulls’ soccer team, joined the team Tuesday as a walk-on.
“He has a chance, he has a decent leg,” Leavitt said. “I could see him maybe, helping us on kickoffs, maybe.”
Leavitt also said he’s been in contact “with a couple other kickers around the country” to find someone to handle the kickoff duties for Alvarado, who will handle the placekicking and punting duties.
ODDS AND ENDS: USF will scrimmage Wednesday night, but don’t expect All-American DE George Selvie to be out there. “George may be done with his scrimmage work,” Leavitt said. Selvie and CB Jerome Murphy were named to the watch list for the Bronko Nagurski Award, given to the nation’s top defensive player. … Among the freshmen expected to play and not be redshirted include LB Sam Barrington, WR Sterling Griffin, RB Lindsey Lamar and CB Kayvon Webster. “Griffin is tearing it up right now,” Leavitt said. “I’d say he’s going to play right now. He’s made it clear, he’s going to challenge for the rotation.” … NT Terrell McClain, DL Cory Grissom and DL Anthony Hill, who were out with minor injuries, returned to practice Tuesday, but Leavitt said “15-16 guys are not practicing,” but only three-to-four are on USF’s two-deep. … Junior WR Faron Horne, of Butler Community College, joined the team as a walk-on.