Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
June Doubtful For Sunday
Posted Jan 4, 2008 by Anwar S. Richardson
Updated Jan 4, 2008 at 03:07 PM
Bucs coach Jon Gruden said SLB Cato June (foot) is doubtful for Sunday’s NFC Wild Card playoff game against the New York Giants.
“He got hurt in the Carolina game. I probably should have rested him,” Gruden said. “He has an injury that you can make progress, but if the injury is enough to keep you out of a football game when three or four days doesn’t make enough difference, it will be difficult to play. It’s unfortunate.”
As a result, it appears LB Ryan Nece will start in place of June and rookie backup Quincy Black could receive significant playing time.
Nece appeared in 15 games last season (11 starts) but has not played June’s position since Organized Team Activity.
“I may have experience, but in te NFL, what is in the past is in the past,” Nece said. “If you hold on to the past, you are mistaken. Nobody holds on to the past. What this game presents for this organization and team is going to be different. It’s the unknown. I look forward to what lies ahead this weekend.”
In addition, Gruden said he is hopeful LG Arron Sears (ankle) will be able to play on Sunday. Sears has been walking on his ankle this week, but is still in slight discomfort today. If Sears is unable to play, Matt Lehr will take his place.