Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
June Doubtful For Sunday
Posted Jan 4, 2008 by Anwar S. Richardson
Updated Jan 4, 2008 at 03:07 PM
Bucs coach Jon Gruden said SLB Cato June (foot) is doubtful for Sunday’s NFC Wild Card playoff game against the New York Giants.
“He got hurt in the Carolina game. I probably should have rested him,” Gruden said. “He has an injury that you can make progress, but if the injury is enough to keep you out of a football game when three or four days doesn’t make enough difference, it will be difficult to play. It’s unfortunate.”
As a result, it appears LB Ryan Nece will start in place of June and rookie backup Quincy Black could receive significant playing time.
Nece appeared in 15 games last season (11 starts) but has not played June’s position since Organized Team Activity.
“I may have experience, but in te NFL, what is in the past is in the past,” Nece said. “If you hold on to the past, you are mistaken. Nobody holds on to the past. What this game presents for this organization and team is going to be different. It’s the unknown. I look forward to what lies ahead this weekend.”
In addition, Gruden said he is hopeful LG Arron Sears (ankle) will be able to play on Sunday. Sears has been walking on his ankle this week, but is still in slight discomfort today. If Sears is unable to play, Matt Lehr will take his place.