Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Gators close practice to public
Posted Aug 2, 2010 by TBO.com
Updated Aug 2, 2010 at 09:05 PM
Florida has elected not to have the first few days of fall football practice open to fans this season. Practice starts on Thursday.
The Gators had only two open practices last fall, on the first two days of camp, before closing practices the rest of the year.
Not allowing fans in practice is a growing trend in college football. Florida State, Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan and Oklahoma are among the programs not allowing fans to view any practices this year.
With various tools available for Internet use, fans are able to film and post practices on websites, causing a rising concern for coaches.
THORPE LIST: The Florida duo of safety Will Hill and cornerback Janoris Jenkins along with Miami cornerback Brandon Harris are among the 35 players named to the Jim Thorpe preseason watch list.
The award goes to the nation’s top defensive back. The winner will be named at the ESPN College Football Awards Show in December.
-DAVID JONES, Florida Today