Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Gators close practice to public
Posted Aug 2, 2010 by TBO.com
Updated Aug 2, 2010 at 09:05 PM
Florida has elected not to have the first few days of fall football practice open to fans this season. Practice starts on Thursday.
The Gators had only two open practices last fall, on the first two days of camp, before closing practices the rest of the year.
Not allowing fans in practice is a growing trend in college football. Florida State, Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan and Oklahoma are among the programs not allowing fans to view any practices this year.
With various tools available for Internet use, fans are able to film and post practices on websites, causing a rising concern for coaches.
THORPE LIST: The Florida duo of safety Will Hill and cornerback Janoris Jenkins along with Miami cornerback Brandon Harris are among the 35 players named to the Jim Thorpe preseason watch list.
The award goes to the nation’s top defensive back. The winner will be named at the ESPN College Football Awards Show in December.
-DAVID JONES, Florida Today