Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
Douglas Traded To Ravens
Posted Aug 27, 2008 by Anwar S. Richardson
Updated Aug 27, 2008 at 02:35 PM
Tampa Bay DE Marques Douglas has been traded to Baltimore, according to Adam Schefter of NFL Network.
Schefter said the Ravens will give Tampa Bay a 2009 late-round draft choice. The report also said there is a conditional draft choice in 2010 in the deal, which is contingent on Douglas passing his physical with the Ravens this morning.
I spoke with Jonathan Feinsod, Douglas’ agent, and he declined to comment this morning. That is probably because this deal has not been finalized yet.
Douglas signed with Tampa Bay this offseason, but was not having the impact coaches had hoped for. With Gaines Adams and Kevin Carter as projected starters, plus Greg White, Greg Peterson and Jimmy Wilkerson as probable backups, Douglas was no longer needed in Tampa Bay.
If Tampa Bay is able to obtain two draft picks for a player it would have likely cut, this ends up being a good business move by Bucs G.M. Bruce Allen.
[Editor’s Note: An earlier version of this post included the incorrect team involved in the trade.]