Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
Douglas Traded To Ravens
Posted Aug 27, 2008 by Anwar S. Richardson
Updated Aug 27, 2008 at 02:35 PM
Tampa Bay DE Marques Douglas has been traded to Baltimore, according to Adam Schefter of NFL Network.
Schefter said the Ravens will give Tampa Bay a 2009 late-round draft choice. The report also said there is a conditional draft choice in 2010 in the deal, which is contingent on Douglas passing his physical with the Ravens this morning.
I spoke with Jonathan Feinsod, Douglas’ agent, and he declined to comment this morning. That is probably because this deal has not been finalized yet.
Douglas signed with Tampa Bay this offseason, but was not having the impact coaches had hoped for. With Gaines Adams and Kevin Carter as projected starters, plus Greg White, Greg Peterson and Jimmy Wilkerson as probable backups, Douglas was no longer needed in Tampa Bay.
If Tampa Bay is able to obtain two draft picks for a player it would have likely cut, this ends up being a good business move by Bucs G.M. Bruce Allen.
[Editor’s Note: An earlier version of this post included the incorrect team involved in the trade.]