Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Douglas Traded To Ravens
Posted Aug 27, 2008 by Anwar S. Richardson
Updated Aug 27, 2008 at 02:35 PM
Tampa Bay DE Marques Douglas has been traded to Baltimore, according to Adam Schefter of NFL Network.
Schefter said the Ravens will give Tampa Bay a 2009 late-round draft choice. The report also said there is a conditional draft choice in 2010 in the deal, which is contingent on Douglas passing his physical with the Ravens this morning.
I spoke with Jonathan Feinsod, Douglas’ agent, and he declined to comment this morning. That is probably because this deal has not been finalized yet.
Douglas signed with Tampa Bay this offseason, but was not having the impact coaches had hoped for. With Gaines Adams and Kevin Carter as projected starters, plus Greg White, Greg Peterson and Jimmy Wilkerson as probable backups, Douglas was no longer needed in Tampa Bay.
If Tampa Bay is able to obtain two draft picks for a player it would have likely cut, this ends up being a good business move by Bucs G.M. Bruce Allen.
[Editor’s Note: An earlier version of this post included the incorrect team involved in the trade.]