- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
Disch latest to turn down USF DC offer
Posted Feb 25, 2009 by Brett McMurphy
Updated Feb 25, 2009 at 03:43 PM
Illinois co-defensive coordinator Dan Disch, who was offered the defensive coordinator position at the University of South Florida, has decided to remain at Illinois, an Illini spokeswoman said Wednesday.
“He’s going to stay here,” Illinois associate SID Cassie Arner said.
Disch has been at Illinois the past four seasons.
Disch is the third to interview for the defensive coordinator position and second to turn it down. Nebraska linebacker coach Mike Ekeler turned down an offer to rejoin USF coach Jim Leavitt, who coached Ekeler at Kansas State. Former Cincinnati coach Joe Tresey also interviewed for the position, but was not offered the job.
Where will the Bulls turn to now? Who would you put on your wish list? I’ve got some more names I need to confirm on possible candidates that I’ll update later.