- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
Disch latest to turn down USF DC offer
Posted Feb 25, 2009 by Brett McMurphy
Updated Feb 25, 2009 at 03:43 PM
Illinois co-defensive coordinator Dan Disch, who was offered the defensive coordinator position at the University of South Florida, has decided to remain at Illinois, an Illini spokeswoman said Wednesday.
“He’s going to stay here,” Illinois associate SID Cassie Arner said.
Disch has been at Illinois the past four seasons.
Disch is the third to interview for the defensive coordinator position and second to turn it down. Nebraska linebacker coach Mike Ekeler turned down an offer to rejoin USF coach Jim Leavitt, who coached Ekeler at Kansas State. Former Cincinnati coach Joe Tresey also interviewed for the position, but was not offered the job.
Where will the Bulls turn to now? Who would you put on your wish list? I’ve got some more names I need to confirm on possible candidates that I’ll update later.