Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Dallas Interested In Simms
Posted Jul 10, 2008 by Anwar S. Richardson
Updated Jul 10, 2008 at 03:57 PM
It is unclear where Tampa Bay quarterback Chris Simms will end up, but there are teams interested in him.
The Fort Worth Star Telegram reported earlier this week Dallas was interested in trading for Simms, who is currently unhappy in Tampa.
There are other teams interested in Simms, but Tampa Bay will eventually have to figure out which team is willing to offer it the best deal. Since most teams know Tampa Bay has no use for Simms, and will eventually cut him, the odds of any organization trading anything substantial to the Bucs for him are very slim.
Simms played for the University of Texas and is still popular there, making Dallas a good fit for him. Of course, any city but Tampa is a good fit for Simms at this point.
No matter what, Simms previously said he would show up for training camp if he was on a Bucs roster, but knows his presence will provide a daily distraction to every player. Tampa Bay may not care and hope to showcase Simms’ talent in the preseason to increase his trade value, which would shift the Bucs’ entire preseason attention on him.
Here is a funny commercial of Simms back when he was a hot commodity. He might have to perform like this before any team signs him: