Most Recent Entries
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
Bucs Interested In Harrison?
Posted May 29, 2009 by Roy Cummings
Updated May 29, 2009 at 09:51 PM
By ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – The internet is starting to fill up with reports of the Bucs expressing some form or interest in former Colts wide receiver Marvin Harrison.
This one seems a little far-fetched, given the fact the Bucs dumped a pretty good aging receiver in Joey Galloway just a few months ago.
That said, the Bucs do seem to be in the market for another wideout, and Harrison, 36, probably has a little something left in the tank.
You really have to wonder, though, if Harrison would be interested in playing for Tampa Bay.
This is a team that’s shaping up to be an also-ran in the playoff race next year and we’re sure that Harrison would much rather play for a contender.
Beggers can’t be choosers, though, and despite his past Harrison doesn’t seem to be high on anyone’s radar right now. Except maybe the Bucs.
The guess here is that Harrison and the Bucs never hook up and that this story becomes nothing more than talk radio fodder. Even so, you have to give the Bucs credit for looking at every possible option in an effort to improve their team.