Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Bucs Could Still Land S Jones
Posted Mar 13, 2010 by Roy Cummings
Updated Mar 13, 2010 at 02:53 PM
By ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – The Bucs could still land Sean Jones but the free agent safety has at least one more visit to make before he makes up his mind on where to play in 2010.
Jones is expected to visit the Tennessee Titans on Monday.
Jones, 28, was a 2004 second-round draft pick (59th overall) of the Cleveland Browns. He has started 53 of 59 games played since earning a starter’s role at free safety with the Browns in 2006.
Jones had 14 interceptions in his final three seasons with the Browns and recorded 61 tackles, five pass breakups and two interceptions last season with the Eagles.
Considered more of a thumper than a pass defender, Jones is probably best suited for the strong safety role, a spot the Bucs are looking to upgrade after third-year pro Sabby Piscitelli struggled there in 2009.