Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
Bucs Could Still Land S Jones
Posted Mar 13, 2010 by Roy Cummings
Updated Mar 13, 2010 at 02:53 PM
By ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – The Bucs could still land Sean Jones but the free agent safety has at least one more visit to make before he makes up his mind on where to play in 2010.
Jones is expected to visit the Tennessee Titans on Monday.
Jones, 28, was a 2004 second-round draft pick (59th overall) of the Cleveland Browns. He has started 53 of 59 games played since earning a starter’s role at free safety with the Browns in 2006.
Jones had 14 interceptions in his final three seasons with the Browns and recorded 61 tackles, five pass breakups and two interceptions last season with the Eagles.
Considered more of a thumper than a pass defender, Jones is probably best suited for the strong safety role, a spot the Bucs are looking to upgrade after third-year pro Sabby Piscitelli struggled there in 2009.