Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Bryant Has Suitors
Posted Mar 8, 2010 by Roy Cummings
Updated Mar 8, 2010 at 06:46 PM
By ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – Former Bucs receiver Antonio Bryant has found a couple of suitors for his services.
The Cincinnati Bengals and Washignton Redskins have reached out to the 28-year-old wideout, who is expected to visit Cincinnati today, according to his agent.
The Bengals are believed to see Bryant as a second receiver behind Chad Ochocinco, but with the Bengals holding an option for 2011 on Ochocinco, Bryant could eventually move up to the No. 1 spot.
Though he did not name them, Bryant’s agent said two other teams have expressed an interest in Bryant, who may see either Washington or one of the other teams as a better option for him than Cincinnati.
Bryant is coming off a season hampered by knee injuries in which he caught 39 passes for the Bucs, who decided to move on and look for someone who can grow with quarterback Josh Freeman.