Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ O’s: Rays on FOX game of the week
- Seffner Christian’s Hanson picks Liberty
- Current Baseball America prospect list boasts five locals
- Rays @ O’s: Hellickson returns to mound to start trip
- Former Newsome tennis standout, Hersh, named POY
- Bishop McLaughlin sophomore OH Alyssa Mathis commits to San Diego State
- Rays v BoSox: Price looks for 2nd win, Escobar moved to 5th in order
- Area athletes sign and commit to colleges
- Steinbrenner announces athletic signings
- Mitchell P/INF Chris McCormick commits to PHCC
- Three Hudson girls soccer players, including first the Division I scholarship, to sign Friday
- Connors holds serve in autobiography
- Allergies might be behind Price’s poor start
- Holy Names’ Martin picks TCU
- Rays v BoSox: Jennings returns, Rays looking for 6th straight W
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
CDS’ Lewis signs with Kentucky Christian
Posted May 14, 2013 by Nick Williams
Updated May 14, 2013 at 02:25 PM
Carrollwood Day School senior receiver Nate Lewis has signed with Kentucky Christian University, a NAIA program.
Lewis, who sat out his junior season with an ACL tear, finished the 2012 season with 19 receptions for 469 yards and four touchdowns. Defensively, Lewis collected 20 tackles with one pass deflection and a forced fumble.
KCU finished 7-4 last season.
Pasco rising sophomore WR/DB Nate Craig pulls in Florida, FSU offers
Posted May 14, 2013 by Mike Camunas
Updated May 14, 2013 at 01:27 PM
Though Pasco’s Nate Craig already has numerous offers, the rising sophomore star pulled in his first in-state offer Tuesday morning.
Pirates coach Tom McHugh tweeted that Craig received a phone call from Florida Gators head coach Will Muschamp, who then proceeded to give the 6-foot-3, 200-pound WR/DB his ninth Division I offer. Less than two hours later, Craig said via his Facebook page that Florida State gave him his 10th offer.
Craig, who had 18 catches for 299 yards and seven touchdowns as a freshman in 2012, already had three SEC offers: Tennessee, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt, but also already had five more offers: Texas Tech, UMass, Ohio State, Clemson and Rutgers.
Craig also had four interceptions and five pat downs playing safety last season, while there should be more offers for the rising recruit before Pasco travels to Land O’ Lakes for its Spring Game on May 23 at 7 p.m.
Pasco ATH Malik Johns picks up first offer: FAU
Posted May 14, 2013 by Mike Camunas
Updated May 14, 2013 at 11:12 AM
It is about time.
That’s what Pasco football coach Tom McHugh had to say when one of his star senior players finally picked up his first Division I offer. It was ATH Malik Johns, who was offered by Florida Atlantic on Tuesday morning.
“FAU!!! It is about time,” McHugh said via Twitter.
Johns began to shine in 2012 when he stepped into other roles to fill in for Janarion Grant, who suffered a broken hand days before the season started. Johns would then lead the team in receiving with 15 catches for 390 yards and six TD before a late-season ankle injury kept him limited in action.
Johns was also good in the secondary, picking off a pass during the region semifinal vs. Gainesville Eastside and batting down a team-high six passes. Johns also proved to be a great punt returner, racking up 492 return yards.
Ex-Buccaneer Copeland to hold free football camp this Saturday
Posted May 13, 2013 by Nick Williams
Updated May 13, 2013 at 02:55 PM
Former Tampa Bay Buccaneer Horace Copeland will hold his free football camp for youths between 5-16 this Saturday at the Anderson Snow Complex, 1360 Anderson Snow Road, Spring Hill.
The free camp runs from 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Those interested can pre-register at (352) 754-4031. Registration is limited to the first 300 campers. Check-in begins at 8 a.m.
You can view Copeland’s website for more info here.
Football: Sunlake’s Burgos headed to Black Hills State
Posted May 6, 2013 by Bart O'Connell
Updated May 6, 2013 at 08:12 PM
Sunlake RB/DB Eddie Burgos will play football for Black Hills State University in South Dakota, according to Coach Bill Browning.
Burgos took an extended amount of time to make his college choice, but Browning said the school in Spearfish, S.D. was ultimately the place he liked the best of the schools recruiting him, despite how far away it is from home.
The 5-foot-11, 175-pound three-year starter was one of Pasco County’s most versatile players in 2012. On offense he posted 1013 rush yards, 152 receiving yards and 17 touchdowns. On defense he had four interceptions, one forced fumble, and three more TDs. All this while dealing with nagging injuries that at times prevented him from playing on offense, though he appeared in all 10 of Sunlake’s games.
Burgos also has experience playing wide receiver. Prior to moving to running back, he had 38 catches for 639 yards and seven TDs in his sophomore and junior seasons combined. He was recruited by Black Hills State as an athlete.
The Yellow Jackets are entering their second year as members of the Division II Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference. They went 4-7 last season but won their final three games.