Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
Zobrist shares Player of Week honors
Posted Sep 29, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Sep 29, 2008 at 03:38 PM
Ben Zobrist was named co-AL Player of the Week along with Texas’ Hank Blalock for the final week of the regular season.
Zobrist hit .455 with four homers and seven RBIs last week, getting multiple hits in four games as the Rays wrapped up the AL East title.
It’s the second consecutive PoW honor for the Rays, as Carlos Pena earned it the previous week. Four different Rays have taken home such recognition this season.