Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
WR/KR Benn will miss Chargers game with sore shoulder
Posted Nov 11, 2012 by Roy Cummings
Updated Nov 11, 2012 at 12:38 PM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – A sore shoulder will keep Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver/kick returner Arrelious Benn out of today’s game against the San Diego Chargers at Raymond James Stadium.
Benn missed a good chunk of practice during the week after suffering the shoulder injury during the Bucs 42-32 victory against the Raiders at Oakland last week.
It remains uncertain who will replace Benn as the kick returner, particularly because rookie reserve running back Michael Smith is among the players deactivated from the lineup for today’s game.
Smith opened the season as the Bucs return man on kicks but he was replaced after the first game when he ran back three kicks for 55 yards, his longest return being a 23-yarder.
With Smith out of the lineup the possibilities for the kick return job include punt returner Roscoe Parrish, wide receiver Tiquan Underwood and running back D.J. Ware
The Bucs also scratched safety Cody Grimm (shoulder), cornerback Danny Gorrer, linebackers Jacob Cutrera and Najee Goode and guard Roger Allen.