Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
Wiregrass LHP Ryan Kopenski signs with Lenoir CC in North Carolina
Posted Apr 12, 2012 by Mike Camunas
Updated Apr 12, 2012 at 09:12 AM
Another left-handed pitcher from Pasco County will play collegiately, as Wiregrass Ranch senior LHP Ryan Kopenski will sign with Lenoir Community College in North Carolina, coach Jeff Swymer told the Tampa Tribune on Thursday morning.
Kopenski, who is 7-2 this season, pitched a gem in the Bulls 3-2 win over Land O’ Lakes (15-6) on Wednesday night, throwing a compete game, giving up just five hits and an earned run, while striking out three and walking one.
Kopenski faced fellow LHP, Gator senior Brad Hencke, who is committed to the University of Tampa and also threw a complete game (six innings), giving up two earned runs, five hits and struck out two.
Leading the Bulls (16-5) with a 1.39 ERA, Kopenski has 27 strikeouts this season in 47.1 innings, and Wiregrass is in second place in Class 7A, District 9, with a make-up game at Gaither on Thursday evening.
This season, the Lenoir Community College Lancers are 16-15 and part of an athletic program that carries just baseball, men’s and women’s basketball and women’s volleyball.