Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Wharton’s McGill signs with University of Mobile
Posted Apr 22, 2013 by Nick Williams
Updated Apr 22, 2013 at 02:03 PM
Wharton senior point guard CJ McGill, who led the Wildcats to their first state tournament this past season, has signedwith the University of Mobile on a full athletic scholarship.
The University of Mobile is an NAIA affiliate.
McGill was given the Alston “Mac” McGahagin Award by Hillsborough County Schools, which goes to the top senior boys basketball player in the county.
McGill averaged 17 points per game and finished his career with 1,036 points. McGill missed his entire sophomore season with a kneee injury but still earned a career record of 76-10 with three district titles while at Wharton.