Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Aaron auto is mystery redemption card No. 1 for 2014 Topps Tribute
Wharton’s Brich tosses no-hitter in win over Freedom
Posted Feb 15, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Feb 15, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Wharton senior Collin Brich threw a five-inning, no-hitter as the Wildcats topped Freedom 13-0, Friday evening at home.
Brich, a right-hander, struck out eight batters and walked a pair according to Wharton (2-0) coach Scott Hoffman.
The Wildcats won Class 8A-District 7 in 2012, behind the arms of then-seniors Colin Woody and Shaun Rubin.
Brich’s performance is the second-straight good start turned in for this season’s Wildcats after senior Mike Gonzalez won Wharton’s season opener, allowing one run in a 4 1/3 inning, three strikeout outing leading the team to an 8-3 win over Armwood.