Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Wharton’s Brich tosses no-hitter in win over Freedom
Posted Feb 15, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Feb 15, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Wharton senior Collin Brich threw a five-inning, no-hitter as the Wildcats topped Freedom 13-0, Friday evening at home.
Brich, a right-hander, struck out eight batters and walked a pair according to Wharton (2-0) coach Scott Hoffman.
The Wildcats won Class 8A-District 7 in 2012, behind the arms of then-seniors Colin Woody and Shaun Rubin.
Brich’s performance is the second-straight good start turned in for this season’s Wildcats after senior Mike Gonzalez won Wharton’s season opener, allowing one run in a 4 1/3 inning, three strikeout outing leading the team to an 8-3 win over Armwood.