Most Recent Entries
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
Wharton’s Brich tosses no-hitter in win over Freedom
Posted Feb 15, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Feb 15, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Wharton senior Collin Brich threw a five-inning, no-hitter as the Wildcats topped Freedom 13-0, Friday evening at home.
Brich, a right-hander, struck out eight batters and walked a pair according to Wharton (2-0) coach Scott Hoffman.
The Wildcats won Class 8A-District 7 in 2012, behind the arms of then-seniors Colin Woody and Shaun Rubin.
Brich’s performance is the second-straight good start turned in for this season’s Wildcats after senior Mike Gonzalez won Wharton’s season opener, allowing one run in a 4 1/3 inning, three strikeout outing leading the team to an 8-3 win over Armwood.