Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Wharton QB Litton suffers fracture in throwing hand
Posted May 15, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated May 15, 2012 at 01:56 PM
Wharton rising junior quarterback Chase Litton has suffered a hairline fracture in his right (throwing) hand and will miss the Wildcats’ spring jamboree game next week, coach David Mitchell confirmed.
Mitchell said the 6-foot-6, 195-pound Litton sustained the injury Friday during practice, when Litton’s hand struck the helmet of a teammate in drills. Litton is expected to be out several weeks while the fracture heals.
In the meantime, Mitchell said taking Litton’s place under center will be rising senior Vernon Hargreaves (5-11, 185). According to ESPN, Hargreaves is the nation’s No. 1 recruit at defensive back. But he saw duty at quarterback last season when Litton was injured and is familiar with the offense as a wide receiver.