Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Wesley Chapel star PF Erik Thomas signs with East Georgia State
Posted Jun 11, 2013 by Andy Villamarzo
Updated Jun 11, 2013 at 05:29 PM
Arguably the best boys basketball player to ever don a Wesley Chapel jersey has finally found a college to call home.
Former Wesley Chapel power forward Erik Thomas signed with East Georgia State on Tuesday afternoon, according to a text message from Thomas.
Thomas is the second in his family to sign with a college for basketball, as his older sister, Sthefany, signed with Clemson. Both siblings also scored more than 2,000 points during their time at Wesley Chapel and are the only two to do so in their respective program’s histories.
Erik, a 6-foot-5 forward, put up impressive numbers during the 2012-13 season, averaging 33 points and 16 rebounds per game. Thomas career highs came in a 47-point effort against Hudson and a tremendous 32-rebound output against Ridgewood.
His height, though, was a factor in colleges giving serious looks to the Wesley Chapel standout. Numerous other Division II and Division III schools sought interest in the power forward.