Most Recent Entries
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
Wesley Chapel gets two transfers from rival Wiregrass Ranch
Posted Aug 10, 2012 by Mike Camunas
Updated Aug 10, 2012 at 09:24 AM
Wesley Chapel football coach Ben Alford said Thursday in a text message that two Wiregrass Ranch players have transfered to his Wildcat team.
Defensive lineman Brandon Coker and wide receiver/defensive back Mark LaBarbera joined the team Thursday, adding to a Wesley Chapel team that was struggling with low roster numbers and looking at a season that would find Alford going young with starters.
Coker, a six-foot, 185-pound junior, will probably be inserted into both the offensive and defensive line, while LaBarbera, a 5-foot-9, 150-pound junior who had 22 tackles in 2011, will add to an already deep secondary that includes Kuadiel Gomez and Chris Ayers.