Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Weightlifting camp set for Wednesday
Posted Jul 16, 2012 by Larry Bugg
Updated Jul 16, 2012 at 02:41 PM
Those who want to learn proper pumping iron can take in a weightlifting camp today and tomorrow at the Redeemer Community Church, 9230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey.
River Ridge High School girls weightlifting coach Mike DeGennaro and international weightlifting coach Danny Camargo will put on the 2012 Florida Weightlifting Federation Camp Wednesday and Thursday, July 19 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
It is open to both boys and girls and the cost is $100.
Campers will learn how to be stronger, faster and more flexible. The lifters will learn proper technique on the snatch and clean and jerk.
DeGennaro has coached high school weightlifting for 26 years. His River Ridge High girls team won the Sunshine Athletic Conference in 2012. He is a certified USA coach.
His current star, Alexis LiCalsi, recently won her second national lifting title. The River Ridge High senior was second in the state in the 139-pound class at the FHSAA State Meet in Kissimmee. She set a state record in the clean and jerk with a 195-pound lift.