Most Recent Entries
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Aaron auto is mystery redemption card No. 1 for 2014 Topps Tribute
- Bishop McLaughlin names assistant Craig Moore as its head football coach
Weightlifting camp set for Wednesday
Posted Jul 16, 2012 by Larry Bugg
Updated Jul 16, 2012 at 02:41 PM
Those who want to learn proper pumping iron can take in a weightlifting camp today and tomorrow at the Redeemer Community Church, 9230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey.
River Ridge High School girls weightlifting coach Mike DeGennaro and international weightlifting coach Danny Camargo will put on the 2012 Florida Weightlifting Federation Camp Wednesday and Thursday, July 19 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
It is open to both boys and girls and the cost is $100.
Campers will learn how to be stronger, faster and more flexible. The lifters will learn proper technique on the snatch and clean and jerk.
DeGennaro has coached high school weightlifting for 26 years. His River Ridge High girls team won the Sunshine Athletic Conference in 2012. He is a certified USA coach.
His current star, Alexis LiCalsi, recently won her second national lifting title. The River Ridge High senior was second in the state in the 139-pound class at the FHSAA State Meet in Kissimmee. She set a state record in the clean and jerk with a 195-pound lift.