Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Weather forces baseball, softball postponements
Posted May 1, 2013 by Tribune staff
Updated May 1, 2013 at 05:45 PM
For a second straight day, rain and lightning played havoc with the high school sports schedule.
Every area baseball team had their games postponed until Thursday.
In addition, the two softball games that were suspended Tuesday until today were suspended again. Blake and Bradenton Bayshore are tied at 6 in the bottom of the third inning. The game will resume Thursday at Blake at noon. In the 7A-Region 3 semifinal, Freedom leads Chamberlain, 3-2, in the top of the fourth inning. That game is scheduled to resume at 4 p.m. at Chamberlain on Thursday.