Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Watch: Tampa Bay Lightning goaltender Mike Smith after preseason debut
Posted Oct 2, 2010 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Oct 1, 2010 at 11:01 PM
Mike Smith stopped 29 shots in his preseason debut after missing the first four games with a fractured tip on his right ring finger.
You’ll have to pardon Smith’s comment about Steven Stamkos not scoring a goal as Stamkos stood over my left shoulder trying his best to distract Smith as he was talking with the camera focused on him. Ryan Malone later joined in on the attempted distraction, but to no avail.