Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Watch: Tampa Bay Lightning goaltender Mike Smith after preseason debut
Posted Oct 2, 2010 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Oct 1, 2010 at 11:01 PM
Mike Smith stopped 29 shots in his preseason debut after missing the first four games with a fractured tip on his right ring finger.
You’ll have to pardon Smith’s comment about Steven Stamkos not scoring a goal as Stamkos stood over my left shoulder trying his best to distract Smith as he was talking with the camera focused on him. Ryan Malone later joined in on the attempted distraction, but to no avail.