Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Week 9’s rookie ballot does not include Bucs’ James
Posted Nov 5, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Nov 5, 2013 at 05:54 PM
Is it time to vote for the Pepsi Next NFL Rookie of the Week for Week 9? Absolutely. And to celebrate, Panini America’s design for this week’s virtual cards will be patterned after Absolute football.
But Pepsi and Panini absolutely missed the boat on their rookie nominations. Not included among the five players was Bucs running back Mike James, who rushed for 158 yards and threw a 2-yard jump-pass touchdown in Tampa Bay’s 27-24 overtime loss at Seattle. I guess that’s what happens when you are 0-8, although admittedly, it was a competitive week.
As usual, Panini will create virtual cards that will be highlighted on the NFL’s Facebook page in a special Pepsi Next Rookie of the Week gallery, as well as across social media platforms and at NFL.com. For Week 9, vote for the player you believe was the top rookie last weekend by going to http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2013 to cast your ballot. Then share the image of the nominee you voted for on your Facebook page, Panini America’s Facebook page and on Panini’s Twitter account (@PaniniAmerica). Use the hashtag #PepsiROW and mention @PaniniAmerica, and you can be eligible for prizes.
Here are the nominees for Week 9:
Redskins cornerback David Amerson made six tackles and intercepted a pass in Washington’s overtime victory against San Diego.
Patriots wide receiver Aaron Dobson had five catches for 130 yards and two touchdowns in New England’s’ 55-31 victory against Pittsburgh.
Eagles tight end Zach Ertz had five catches for 42 yards and scored his first-career touchdown in Philadelphia’s 49-20 victory against Oakland.
Rams running back Zac Stacy rushed for 127 yards and two touchdowns and made six catches for 51 yards in St. Louis’ 28-21 loss to Tennessee.
Packers running back Eddie Lacy rushed for 150 yards and a touchdown on 22 carries in Monday night’s 27-20 loss to the Chicago Bears.