Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Voting open for Week 8’s top rookie
Posted Oct 29, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Oct 29, 2013 at 06:35 PM
Voting is now open for the Pepsi Next/Panini America NFL Rookie of the Week promotion for Week 8. Tthis week’s virtual cards will mirror Panini’s Prizm card design.
As usual, Panini will create virtual cards that will be highlighted on the NFL’s Facebook page in a special Pepsi Next Rookie of the Week gallery, as well as across social media platforms and at NFL.com. For Week 8, vote for the player you believe was the top rookie last weekend by going to http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2013 to cast your ballot. Then share the image of the nominee you voted for on your Facebook page, Panini America’s Facebook page and on Panini’s Twitter account (@PaniniAmerica). Use the hashtag #PepsiROW and mention @PaniniAmerica, and you can be eligible for prizes. Here are the nominees for Week 8:
Cardinals running back Andre Ellington rushed for 154 yards and a touchdown in Arizona’s 27-13 victory against Atlanta.
Saints wide receiver Kenny Stills had 129 receiving yards and caught two touchdown passes in New Orleans’ 35-17 victory against Buffalo.
Packers running back Eddie Lacy gained 94 yards on 29 carries and scored a touchdown in Green Bay’s 44-31 victory against Minnesota.
Raiders linebacker Sio Moore made five tackles and had two sacks in Oakland’s 21-18 win against Pittsburgh.
Vikings wide receiver/kick returner Cordarrelle Patterson had 228 kickoff return yards, including a 109-yard return for a touchdown on the game’s opening play against Green Bay.
The winner will be announced Friday.