Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Vinny has hit the town
Posted Sep 6, 2007 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Sep 7, 2007 at 02:51 PM
Stopped by the Ice Sports Forum this morning to see what was shaking and who was in town. And there were four new faces on the ice today.
Vinny Lecavalier was there and hasn’t lost a bit of his humor as he called me over and asked when the first “feel good’’ story was coming out on him and if it was going to be in Friday’s paper. He went on to tell me about his vacation in Hawaii this summer.
*NOTE* I want to clarify something as I’ve had some question me about the above statement about what Vinny asked me. It was not to be taken serious, it was clearly a joke on Vinny’s part which is why I stated he hadn’t lost his sense of humor and why I put the phrase “feel good’’ in quotations. I have never known Vinny to seek any type of attention for himself and he certainly wasn’t doing it in this case. I apologize if anybody took this out of context and I hope this clears up any confusion as to what I wrote. —EE
Also out there were Jason Ward, Bryce Lampman, Brad Lukowich and Karri Ramo.
Wanted to pass something along too. As if there needed to be proof that hockey players are as genuine as the come, two players this morning out of the blue asked me about my son. At the bottom of a posting Tuesday I mentioned that I was going to miss Wednesday because of a minor procedure my son had to under go. They said they read that online and asked me if everything had gone OK with the surgery, which thankfully it did. It was a minor sinus surgery that he has bounced back from pretty quickly. It’s amazing what a little time on the Wii can do for a kid’s psyche!
A couple of other notes I wanted to pass along:
* Dana Tyrell scored a goal for Team Canada last night in the Super Series against Russia, which has quickly turned into a Super Stinker Series as Canada has dominated things to this point.
* There has been some speculation that Riku Helenius would find his way from Traverse City prospect camp this weekend to Lightning training camp next week. It’s not going to happen. Once Helenius finishes in TC, he will head directly back to Seattle to prepare for his first season of North American hockey in the Western Hockey League.