- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
USF’s Shaw, Boyd suspended from team
Posted Nov 21, 2011 by Adam Adkins
Updated Nov 21, 2011 at 08:28 PM
USF coach Skip Holtz said Monday that sophomore running back Marcus Shaw and redshirt freshman cornerback Spencer Boyd have been suspended from the team.
Holtz said the suspension was for “in-house things” but didn’t elaborate. He said both players missed the Miami game because of the suspension and that both will miss Friday’s game against Louisville as well. He said it has yet to be determined whether or not the two will be reinstated before the regular-season finale against West Virginia on Dec. 1.
Shaw, who is the No. 3 running back for the Bulls, also missed time away from the team in 2010 because of academic reasons. He appeared in the first nine games this season, totaling 18 carries for 38 yards and two touchdowns while also playing a significant role on special teams.
Boyd appeared in six games this season, playing mostly on special teams.