- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
USF’s Shaw, Boyd suspended from team
Posted Nov 21, 2011 by Adam Adkins
Updated Nov 21, 2011 at 08:28 PM
USF coach Skip Holtz said Monday that sophomore running back Marcus Shaw and redshirt freshman cornerback Spencer Boyd have been suspended from the team.
Holtz said the suspension was for “in-house things” but didn’t elaborate. He said both players missed the Miami game because of the suspension and that both will miss Friday’s game against Louisville as well. He said it has yet to be determined whether or not the two will be reinstated before the regular-season finale against West Virginia on Dec. 1.
Shaw, who is the No. 3 running back for the Bulls, also missed time away from the team in 2010 because of academic reasons. He appeared in the first nine games this season, totaling 18 carries for 38 yards and two touchdowns while also playing a significant role on special teams.
Boyd appeared in six games this season, playing mostly on special teams.