- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
USF’s MVP: Anthony Collins
Posted Apr 18, 2012 by Joey Johnston
Updated Apr 18, 2012 at 10:16 PM
In a decision that should surprise absolutely no one, freshman point guard Anthony Collins was named the John and Cynthia Ruzic Most Valuable Player for the University of South Florida men’s basketball team during Monday night’s awards banquet.
Collins was the pivotal player for USF, which went 22-14 and came within one victory of reaching the NCAA tournament’s Sweet 16. Collins also claimed the team’s free-throw shooting award (84.7 percent).
USF coach Stan Heath said Collins, from Houston, was initially spotted by assistant coach Reggie Hanson. When Heath got his first look, he immediately wanted to offer a scholarship. And when Collins settled into a regular starting role this season, Heath said he knew USF had found its permanent point guard.
Academic Award—Toarlyn Fitzpatrick.
Defensive Player of the Year— Hugh Robertson.
Most Improved Player Award— Victor Rudd Jr.
Mr. Clutch—Shaun Noriega.
Chairman of the Boards— Toarlyn Fitzpatrick.
Bull Pride Award—Ron Anderson Jr.
Chris Howard Perseverance Award— Augustus Gilchrist.
Mr. Highlight—Jawanza Poland.