- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
USF’s Duffy vaults into NCAAs
Posted May 26, 2011 by Adam Adkins
Updated May 26, 2011 at 11:51 PM
University of South Florida senior pole vaulter Stephanie Duffy on Thursday became the first Bulls track athlete to qualify for next month’s NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships.
Competing at the NCAA East Regional in Bloomington, Ind., Duffy cleared 13 feet, 1.5 inches to finish in the top 12 of the preliminary event and secure a spot in the final meet of the season, which will be held June 8-11 in Des Moines, Iowa.
Duffy was one of three USF women’s pole vaulters to qualify for the NCAA East Regional, but fellow seniors Denise von Eynatten, the Big East Conference indoor and outdoor champion in the event, and Dana Webb were unable to advance.
Also Thursday, junior David Aristil advanced to Friday’s quarterfinal round in the 400 meter hurdles. Aristil, the Big East champion in the event, ran 51.30 seconds in his preliminary heat, the third-fastest time of the day.
Others competing Thursday were Lauren Noe (women’s hammer throw), Neamen Wise (men’s long jump) and Antillio Bastian (men’s 100 meters), but none were able to advance in their respective events.
The NCAA East Regional continues Friday and concludes Saturday.