Most Recent Entries
- Panini reveals details about Pinnacle basketball
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
USF makes offer to Armwood’s Richardson
Posted Jun 21, 2011 by Bill Ward
Updated Jun 21, 2011 at 03:06 PM
Armwood junior quarterback Darryl Richardson has received a scholarship offer from the University of South Florida, Hawks coach Sean Callahan announced Tuesday.
The Bulls join the Tennessee Volunteers and Ohio State Buckeyes as Division I programs seeking to sign the 6-foot-5, 230-pound Richardson.
Richardson has received all three of these offers in the last month. And the interesting thing about it is he has seen relatively little playing time in his prep career. He was a back-up at Tampa Bay Tech the previous two seasons and transferred this spring to Armwood, which made him the starter under center during the Hawks’ spring jamboree game against Plant City.
Clearly, schools are impressed with Richardson’s physical presence, as well as his strong arm and running skills. Expect plenty more schools to join the list who have made him offers.