Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
USF makes offer to Armwood’s Richardson
Posted Jun 21, 2011 by Bill Ward
Updated Jun 21, 2011 at 03:06 PM
Armwood junior quarterback Darryl Richardson has received a scholarship offer from the University of South Florida, Hawks coach Sean Callahan announced Tuesday.
The Bulls join the Tennessee Volunteers and Ohio State Buckeyes as Division I programs seeking to sign the 6-foot-5, 230-pound Richardson.
Richardson has received all three of these offers in the last month. And the interesting thing about it is he has seen relatively little playing time in his prep career. He was a back-up at Tampa Bay Tech the previous two seasons and transferred this spring to Armwood, which made him the starter under center during the Hawks’ spring jamboree game against Plant City.
Clearly, schools are impressed with Richardson’s physical presence, as well as his strong arm and running skills. Expect plenty more schools to join the list who have made him offers.