Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
USF makes offer to Armwood’s Richardson
Posted Jun 21, 2011 by Bill Ward
Updated Jun 21, 2011 at 03:06 PM
Armwood junior quarterback Darryl Richardson has received a scholarship offer from the University of South Florida, Hawks coach Sean Callahan announced Tuesday.
The Bulls join the Tennessee Volunteers and Ohio State Buckeyes as Division I programs seeking to sign the 6-foot-5, 230-pound Richardson.
Richardson has received all three of these offers in the last month. And the interesting thing about it is he has seen relatively little playing time in his prep career. He was a back-up at Tampa Bay Tech the previous two seasons and transferred this spring to Armwood, which made him the starter under center during the Hawks’ spring jamboree game against Plant City.
Clearly, schools are impressed with Richardson’s physical presence, as well as his strong arm and running skills. Expect plenty more schools to join the list who have made him offers.