- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
USF Bulls Video: QBs in passing drills ... and other tidbits
Posted Aug 10, 2010 by Scott Carter
Updated Aug 10, 2010 at 04:01 PM
VERO BEACH—Hey folks, the Bulls practiced this morning and are scheduled to hit the field again tonight at 7.
Today is the first two-a-day session of camp and from what I could tell at this morning’s session, the players seemed energetic and lively after their first practice in full pads on Monday.
First, click here if you want to check out a video of the quarterbacks throwing the ball to receivers during an early drill.
Next, here are some quick observations from this morning’s session:
—Offensive lineman Jacob Sims, at the top of the depth chart at right tackle, did not participate in the morning session. Sims is battling concussion-like symptoms and also sat out Monday’s practice. TEs Chase Griffiths and Jeff Hawkins also sat out, opening more reps for Andreas Shields, who has returned after missing a couple of practices due to an ankle injury.
—RB Dontae Aycock did not participate in the morning session; not sure why, but I’ll see if he is injured or absent for another reason when USF coach Skip Holtz addresses the media at tonight’s practice.
—OL Josh Garvin remains absent. Garvin is on an excused absence to deal with some personal issues according to Holtz.
—RT Damien Edwards, listed as the back-up to Sims, went down briefly during live drills Monday morning. Edwards did return to the lineup but it was obvious he was slowed by what appeared to be a right knee injury. We’ll check on his status later.
—The crowd was smaller at this morning’s session than the approximately 50 to 60 fans who showed up Monday afternoon for USF’s first practice in Vero Beach. The Vero Beach Sports Village added some bleachers to the infield dirt bordering the Bulls’ practice field to accomodate fans who come out. All USF practices in Vero Beach are open to the public.
—I’m not real big in making too much of practice performances since quite frankly, it’s often hard to know what exactly coaches are emphasizing in a particular drill, but receiver T.J. Knowles had at least three catches in live action. Knowles, who is officially listed at 6-foot-6, certainly provides a big target. Based on first impressions, he seems to have some good instincts and the ability to help the Bulls’ depleted receiving corps right away. His skill-set is that of a possession receiver who might get a lot of looks across the middle or on third downs.
—Starting LG Jeremiah Warren, who did not participate in Monday’s practice, was back on the field in his usual spot on Tuesday morning.