- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
USF baseball lands two commitments
Posted Sep 27, 2011 by Adam Adkins
Updated Sep 27, 2011 at 03:03 PM
USF baseball coach Lelo Prado has picked up two commitments for the 2013 recruiting class.
River Ridge senior right-handed pitcher Tommy Peterson has given a verbal pledge to the Bulls, Royal Knights coach Jack Homko confirmed, while the Sarasota Herald-Tribune reported Sarasota Riverview senior shortstop Luke Maglich also has committed to USF.
Peterson finished last spring with a 4-6 overall record, but he posted a 2.18 ERA and held opposing hitters to a .195 average over 67 1/3 innings pitched. He also struck out 78 batters while walking only 12.
Maglich hit .333 with six doubles, one home run, 11 RBIs and scored a team-high 21 runs last spring for the Rams. He also had a good showing Sept. 16-19 at the Perfect Game WWBA Florida Qualifier in Fort Myers, earning tournament MVP honors after helping Southwest Florida win the team title.