- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Rodney remains the closer, Jennings off, Joyce back
- Gausman is Bowman’s No. 3 redemption card
- Topps previews baseball Update series
- Panini’s Prime Hockey will have extra treat
- Rays juggle rotation to get Cobb a start this weekend against Yankees
- Beckett opens weekly Wednesday chat room on Facebook page
- Rays @ Jays: Joyce update, Longo DH, Molina returns
- NFL Network report on Revis is revealing
- In The Game acquires Sport Kings LP
- Pasco WR Nate Craig (2016) up to 15 Division I offers
- Tampa Bay softball players honored by FACA
- Western Conference Baseball Teams
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Panini previews Rookies & Stars football
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
USF announces 2012 football schedule
Posted Mar 27, 2012 by Joey Johnston
Updated Mar 27, 2012 at 01:18 PM
The University of South Florida Bulls should mostly avoid cold weather in 2012 – and perhaps have the opportunity for a strong finishing kick – with three of their final five games scheduled for Raymond James Stadium.
But there’s a potential snag in the early season that could complicate things.
USF is tentatively scheduled to open its Big East Conference schedule on Saturday, Sept. 15 at home against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights – the old team of Bucs coach Greg Schiano – but there’s a possibility that date could be switched to Thursday night for ESPN.
And if that becomes the case, USF will have an especially short week of preparation.
The Bulls scheduled a non-conference game on Saturday, Sept. 8 at Nevada, thinking the following Saturday would be an open date because the Big East generally has its conference games backloaded on the schedule.
If Rutgers-USF is shifted to a Thursday, the Bulls would return from the program’s third trip west of the Rocky Mountains with little time to prepare for Rutgers.
Rutgers faces Howard at home on Sept. 8.
Elsewhere, USF’s home schedule is highlighted by a Sept. 29 date with the Florida State Seminoles. USF defeated FSU 17-7 in 2009 at Tallahassee. The only non-Saturday game on USF’s schedule is a Friday, Nov. 23 date (the day after Thanksgiving) at Cincinnati.
The Bulls will be the first Big East opponent for Temple, which is rejoining the league and will host the Bulls on Oct. 6.
USF will have an open date on Oct. 13 before its trip to Louisville (Oct. 20) and another open date on Nov. 10 before traveling to Miami (Nov. 17).
The Bulls will finish their regular season at home on Dec. 1 – one day before bowl bids become official – against the Pittsburgh Panthers.
USF Football 2012 Schedule
Saturday, Sept. 1 – Chattanooga
Saturday, Sept. 8 – at Nevada
Saturday, Sept. 15 – Rutgers (date subject to change)
Saturday, Sept. 22 – at Ball State
Saturday, Sept. 29 – Florida State (ABC/ESPN/ESPN2)
Saturday, Oct. 6 – at Temple
Saturday, Oct. 20 – at Louisville
Saturday, Oct. 27 – Syracuse
Saturday, Nov. 3 – Connecticut
Saturday, Nov. 17 – at Miami
Friday, Nov. 23 – at Cincinnati (ABC/ESPN/ESPN2)
Saturday, Dec. 1 – Pittsburgh (ABC/ESPN/ESPN2)