- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
USF announces 2012 football schedule
Posted Mar 27, 2012 by Joey Johnston
Updated Mar 27, 2012 at 01:18 PM
The University of South Florida Bulls should mostly avoid cold weather in 2012 – and perhaps have the opportunity for a strong finishing kick – with three of their final five games scheduled for Raymond James Stadium.
But there’s a potential snag in the early season that could complicate things.
USF is tentatively scheduled to open its Big East Conference schedule on Saturday, Sept. 15 at home against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights – the old team of Bucs coach Greg Schiano – but there’s a possibility that date could be switched to Thursday night for ESPN.
And if that becomes the case, USF will have an especially short week of preparation.
The Bulls scheduled a non-conference game on Saturday, Sept. 8 at Nevada, thinking the following Saturday would be an open date because the Big East generally has its conference games backloaded on the schedule.
If Rutgers-USF is shifted to a Thursday, the Bulls would return from the program’s third trip west of the Rocky Mountains with little time to prepare for Rutgers.
Rutgers faces Howard at home on Sept. 8.
Elsewhere, USF’s home schedule is highlighted by a Sept. 29 date with the Florida State Seminoles. USF defeated FSU 17-7 in 2009 at Tallahassee. The only non-Saturday game on USF’s schedule is a Friday, Nov. 23 date (the day after Thanksgiving) at Cincinnati.
The Bulls will be the first Big East opponent for Temple, which is rejoining the league and will host the Bulls on Oct. 6.
USF will have an open date on Oct. 13 before its trip to Louisville (Oct. 20) and another open date on Nov. 10 before traveling to Miami (Nov. 17).
The Bulls will finish their regular season at home on Dec. 1 – one day before bowl bids become official – against the Pittsburgh Panthers.
USF Football 2012 Schedule
Saturday, Sept. 1 – Chattanooga
Saturday, Sept. 8 – at Nevada
Saturday, Sept. 15 – Rutgers (date subject to change)
Saturday, Sept. 22 – at Ball State
Saturday, Sept. 29 – Florida State (ABC/ESPN/ESPN2)
Saturday, Oct. 6 – at Temple
Saturday, Oct. 20 – at Louisville
Saturday, Oct. 27 – Syracuse
Saturday, Nov. 3 – Connecticut
Saturday, Nov. 17 – at Miami
Friday, Nov. 23 – at Cincinnati (ABC/ESPN/ESPN2)
Saturday, Dec. 1 – Pittsburgh (ABC/ESPN/ESPN2)