Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Upper Deck producing commemorative Blackhawks set
Posted Jun 26, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Jun 26, 2013 at 08:32 PM
In a span of 17 seconds, the Chicago Blackhawks went from facing a decisive Game 7 to clinching the Stanley Cup in six games. Two lightning-quick goals late in Game 6 allowed the Blackhawks to stun Boston 3-2 and give Chicago its second Stanley Cup in three seasons.
That was quick. Meanwhile, Upper Deck did not waste any time in announcing that it would be producing a commemorative set hailing the Blackhawks’ victory.
The 30-card set, which will be released in July, will feature 25 player cards including Patrick Kane, Corey Crawford and Jonathan Toews, plus five Season Highlights cards. In addition, there will be a 3 ½-by-8 inch box-topper card that will feature a shot of the Blackhawks celebrating after its victory.
The cards will feature a replica of the Stanley Cup in the lower left-hand corner.
Suggested retail price will be $19.99.