Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
Updated pitching schedule
Posted Feb 28, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Feb 28, 2008 at 01:52 PM
For those of you scoring at homere, here’s a more up-to-date pitching schedule for the next few days. The one notable change on the Rays’ side is Jeff Niemann will start Sunday rather than Wade Davis, which makes sense. I wonder if they were just accidentally flip-flopped before.
Friday at Reds
Rays—Jackson, Hammel, Sonnanstine, Balfour, Orvella, Houser
Reds—Homer Bailey, Edinson Voloquez, Justin Lehr, Marcus McBeth, Tom Shearn, Scott Sauerbeck, Adam Pettyjohn
Saturday vs. Blue Jays
Rays—Shields, Talbot, Reyes, Miller, Wheeler
Blue Jays—Dustin McGowan, Casey Janssen, Jeremy Cummings, Ryan Ketchner, John Parrish, Tracy Thorpe, Randy Wells, Jesse Carlson
Sunday at Pirates
Rays—Niemann, Davis, Ryu, Munter, Birkins
Pirates—Paul Maholm, John Van Benschoten, Josh Sharpless, Brian Rogers, Jaret Wright, John Grabow, Matt Capps and apparently today’s scheduled Pittsburgh starter, who was scratched, Tom Gorzelanny.
Monday at Tigers
Tuesday vs. Twins
The Rays’ travel squad for tomorrow’s game in Sarasota features most of the regulars: Carl Crawford, B.J. Upton, Carlos Pena, Aki Iwamura, Jason Bartlett, Jonny Gomes and Evan Longoria all will be there. It sounds like Rocco Baldelli and Cliff Floyd both will make their spring debut Saturday.
Dioner Navarro is being held back a bit and likely won’t start until Monday, according to Joe Maddon. The Rays want to make sure his throwing is up to full-speed after he missed time early in camp to be with his ailing mother in Venezuela. Shawn Riggans will start behind the plate tomorrow.