Most Recent Entries
- Green seeking funds for trip
- Area Athletes Shine at Golden South Classic
- Rays @ O’s: Moore looking to go 8-0, Rays looking for sweep
- Collect call: 2013 Bowman baseball
- Rays @ O’s: Rays on FOX game of the week
- Seffner Christian’s Hanson picks Liberty
- Current Baseball America prospect list boasts five locals
- Rays @ O’s: Hellickson returns to mound to start trip
- Former Newsome tennis standout, Hersh, named POY
- Bishop McLaughlin sophomore OH Alyssa Mathis commits to San Diego State
- Rays v BoSox: Price looks for 2nd win, Escobar moved to 5th in order
- Area athletes sign and commit to colleges
- Steinbrenner announces athletic signings
- Mitchell P/INF Chris McCormick commits to PHCC
- Three Hudson girls soccer players, including first the Division I scholarship, to sign Friday
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
UF names TE coach; Gregory still at USF
Posted Jan 21, 2009 by Brett McMurphy
Updated Jan 21, 2009 at 02:03 PM
Former University of Washington assistant Brian White has been hired as the University of Florida’s tight ends coach, a position that University of South Florida assistant Greg Gregory also interviewed.
So Gregory, who was USF’s offensive coordinator the past two seasons, remains at USF, but it’s unclear in what role.
When Gregory informed USF coach Jim Leavitt that he would interview for the UF position, Leavitt sent out a statement late Saturday night through USF assistant AD Chris Freet that Gregory was “released from his duties as offensive coordinator” and that the school would “begin a search for a new coordinator immediately.”
On Sunday, Freet told the Tampa Tribune Leavitt informed him that Gregory was “gone from staff.” On Monday, Freet again confirmed, through Leavitt, that Gregory was not a part of USF’s staff.
However, Leavitt told an area newspaper Tuesday night that Gregory still is on the Bulls’ staff, just not as USF’s offensive coordinator. It is unknown what Gregory’s new duties will be.
Leavitt has not returned calls multiple calls from the Tribune.
Gregory said he had no comment on the matter.