Most Recent Entries
- Panini reveals details about Pinnacle basketball
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
Two Wharton soccer players make verbal commitments
Posted Apr 19, 2012 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Apr 19, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Two Wharton girls soccer players have made college commitments Wildcats coach Denis Vukorep said Thursday.
Junior Ashni Deschenes has verbally committed to Stetson University, while teammate Leah Chisolm has committed to Eckerd College.
Deschenes has been the Wildcats leading scorer for the last two seasons, scoring 14 goals and six assists this past season, earning the forward first team Western Conference honors and she was honorable mention on the Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough County list. Stetson is a Division I program that plays in the Atlantic Sun Conference.
Chisolm, a midfielder has been a standout for the Wildcats. In her junior season she had two goals and seven assists. Chisolm named second team on the Tribune’s All-Hillsborough County list and is a two-time Western Conference first teamer. Eckerd plays in Division-II’s Sunshine State Conference.