Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Two Wharton soccer players make verbal commitments
Posted Apr 19, 2012 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Apr 19, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Two Wharton girls soccer players have made college commitments Wildcats coach Denis Vukorep said Thursday.
Junior Ashni Deschenes has verbally committed to Stetson University, while teammate Leah Chisolm has committed to Eckerd College.
Deschenes has been the Wildcats leading scorer for the last two seasons, scoring 14 goals and six assists this past season, earning the forward first team Western Conference honors and she was honorable mention on the Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough County list. Stetson is a Division I program that plays in the Atlantic Sun Conference.
Chisolm, a midfielder has been a standout for the Wildcats. In her junior season she had two goals and seven assists. Chisolm named second team on the Tribune’s All-Hillsborough County list and is a two-time Western Conference first teamer. Eckerd plays in Division-II’s Sunshine State Conference.