Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Two Wharton soccer players make verbal commitments
Posted Apr 19, 2012 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Apr 19, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Two Wharton girls soccer players have made college commitments Wildcats coach Denis Vukorep said Thursday.
Junior Ashni Deschenes has verbally committed to Stetson University, while teammate Leah Chisolm has committed to Eckerd College.
Deschenes has been the Wildcats leading scorer for the last two seasons, scoring 14 goals and six assists this past season, earning the forward first team Western Conference honors and she was honorable mention on the Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough County list. Stetson is a Division I program that plays in the Atlantic Sun Conference.
Chisolm, a midfielder has been a standout for the Wildcats. In her junior season she had two goals and seven assists. Chisolm named second team on the Tribune’s All-Hillsborough County list and is a two-time Western Conference first teamer. Eckerd plays in Division-II’s Sunshine State Conference.