Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Two Sunlake pitchers combine to throw no-hitter vs. Anclote on Monday
Posted Mar 5, 2013 by Mike Camunas
Updated Mar 5, 2013 at 03:11 PM
Sunlake notched a memorable first Monday evening.
According to Seahawks coach Dick Rohrberg, junior David Castillo and senior Travis Doyel combined to thrww the program’s first no-hitter against Anclote.
Castillo started the game, going four innings and striking out 11, while Doyel faced just 10 batters over the last three innings for the 10-2 win.
Castillo is now 1-1 this season with a 1.91 ERA and 18 Ks. Castillo is also the team’s top hitter, with a team-high .333 average and three RBI.
Sunlake is now 4-4 on the season as of Tuesday afternoon.