Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Two Florida Gators named First Team All-SEC
Posted Dec 6, 2011 by Aaron Oberlin
Updated Dec 6, 2011 at 05:10 PM
Southeastern Conference football coaches named two Florida Gators – redshirt senior running back Chris Rainey and redshirt junior kicker Caleb Sturgis – to the First Team All-SEC today.
Rainey made it as an all-purpose performer. He led Florida with 790 rushing yards, 350 receiving yards and 75 punt return yards this season. Against Florida Atlantic University, the former Lakeland Dreadnaught became the first Gator to score a rushing, receiving and return touchdown in a single game.
Sturgis, who was also named First Team All-SEC by the AP on Monday, made 21 field goals in 2011. That leads the SEC and ranks third in the nation. He is a finalist for the Lou Groza Award.