Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
Two Florida Gators named First Team All-SEC
Posted Dec 6, 2011 by Aaron Oberlin
Updated Dec 6, 2011 at 05:10 PM
Southeastern Conference football coaches named two Florida Gators – redshirt senior running back Chris Rainey and redshirt junior kicker Caleb Sturgis – to the First Team All-SEC today.
Rainey made it as an all-purpose performer. He led Florida with 790 rushing yards, 350 receiving yards and 75 punt return yards this season. Against Florida Atlantic University, the former Lakeland Dreadnaught became the first Gator to score a rushing, receiving and return touchdown in a single game.
Sturgis, who was also named First Team All-SEC by the AP on Monday, made 21 field goals in 2011. That leads the SEC and ranks third in the nation. He is a finalist for the Lou Groza Award.