Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Two Florida Gators named First Team All-SEC
Posted Dec 6, 2011 by Aaron Oberlin
Updated Dec 6, 2011 at 05:10 PM
Southeastern Conference football coaches named two Florida Gators – redshirt senior running back Chris Rainey and redshirt junior kicker Caleb Sturgis – to the First Team All-SEC today.
Rainey made it as an all-purpose performer. He led Florida with 790 rushing yards, 350 receiving yards and 75 punt return yards this season. Against Florida Atlantic University, the former Lakeland Dreadnaught became the first Gator to score a rushing, receiving and return touchdown in a single game.
Sturgis, who was also named First Team All-SEC by the AP on Monday, made 21 field goals in 2011. That leads the SEC and ranks third in the nation. He is a finalist for the Lou Groza Award.