Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
TV ratings and Griffey
Posted Jun 20, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Jun 20, 2008 at 06:22 PM
FSN Florida drew a record 4.5 rating for last night’s Rays-Cubs game, according to a press release from the network. That number means about 81,000 households were tuned into the series finale and it was the highest rating ever for an FSN Florida Rays telecast.
Tuesday’s game on WXPX drew a 5.2 rating and Wednesday’s got a 3.9.
And for those still inexplicably beating the Ken Griffey Jr. drum, here’s another vote on the negative side from the man himself. The Reds are in New York this weekend playing the Yankees and Griffey held court with the media. Asked about the Rays trade talk, Griffey just laughed.
“I don’t know where you guys got that,” he said.
Thanks to my old friend John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer for that tidbit.