Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
TV ratings and Griffey
Posted Jun 20, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Jun 20, 2008 at 06:22 PM
FSN Florida drew a record 4.5 rating for last night’s Rays-Cubs game, according to a press release from the network. That number means about 81,000 households were tuned into the series finale and it was the highest rating ever for an FSN Florida Rays telecast.
Tuesday’s game on WXPX drew a 5.2 rating and Wednesday’s got a 3.9.
And for those still inexplicably beating the Ken Griffey Jr. drum, here’s another vote on the negative side from the man himself. The Reds are in New York this weekend playing the Yankees and Griffey held court with the media. Asked about the Rays trade talk, Griffey just laughed.
“I don’t know where you guys got that,” he said.
Thanks to my old friend John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer for that tidbit.