Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini’s Prime Hockey will have extra treat
- Rays juggle rotation to get Cobb a start this weekend against Yankees
- Beckett opens weekly Wednesday chat room on Facebook page
- Rays @ Jays: Joyce update, Longo DH, Molina returns
- NFL Network report on Revis is revealing
- In The Game acquires Sport Kings LP
- Pasco WR Nate Craig (2016) up to 15 Division I offers
- Tampa Bay softball players honored by FACA
- Western Conference Baseball Teams
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Panini previews Rookies & Stars football
- A peek at Panini’s 2013 Cooperstown Collection
- Wharton athletes sign NLI’s
- Touchdown Club of Atlanta names Hargreaves top defensive back in the country
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
TV ratings and Griffey
Posted Jun 20, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Jun 20, 2008 at 06:22 PM
FSN Florida drew a record 4.5 rating for last night’s Rays-Cubs game, according to a press release from the network. That number means about 81,000 households were tuned into the series finale and it was the highest rating ever for an FSN Florida Rays telecast.
Tuesday’s game on WXPX drew a 5.2 rating and Wednesday’s got a 3.9.
And for those still inexplicably beating the Ken Griffey Jr. drum, here’s another vote on the negative side from the man himself. The Reds are in New York this weekend playing the Yankees and Griffey held court with the media. Asked about the Rays trade talk, Griffey just laughed.
“I don’t know where you guys got that,” he said.
Thanks to my old friend John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer for that tidbit.