Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Gausman is Bowman’s No. 3 redemption card
- Topps previews baseball Update series
- Panini’s Prime Hockey will have extra treat
- Rays juggle rotation to get Cobb a start this weekend against Yankees
- Beckett opens weekly Wednesday chat room on Facebook page
- Rays @ Jays: Joyce update, Longo DH, Molina returns
- NFL Network report on Revis is revealing
- In The Game acquires Sport Kings LP
- Pasco WR Nate Craig (2016) up to 15 Division I offers
- Tampa Bay softball players honored by FACA
- Western Conference Baseball Teams
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Panini previews Rookies & Stars football
- A peek at Panini’s 2013 Cooperstown Collection
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Trout is Topps Finest’s third rookie redemption card
Posted Aug 16, 2012 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Aug 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Topps continues to reveal its Finest baseball redemptions at a rapid rate. Thursday, the company announced its third rookie redemption card.
Redemption card No. 3 is Angels outfielder Mike Trout. The card will feature a sticker autograph of the Angels’ rising star. Trout follows the first two redemptions, Pirates left fielder Starling Marte (redemption No. 1) and Cubs outfielder Brett Jackson (No. 2).
Trout, like Jackson, was born this month (Aug. 7). The 21-year-old was a first-round pick (25th overall) of the Angels in the 2009 amateur draft. Aftger Wednesday’s games, Trout was batting .340 with 22 homers in 95 games. He also has some speed, as his 38 stolen bases in 41 attempts shows.
Topps will announce the last two redemption cards over the next few weeks, if not sooner. Collectors holding the corresponding redemption card for that player can redeem it for their card online.