Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
Topps, Panini unveil some NFL rookie cards
Posted Apr 26, 2012 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Apr 27, 2012 at 12:25 AM
The first round of the NFL draft is now history, and it’s always fun to watch a player holding up his new uniform with commissioner Roger Goodell.
Topps already posted a mock-up card of Doug Martin, the second of the Bucs’ two first-round pics in Thursday night’s draft. The Boise State running back, picked at No. 31 when the Bucs acquired the selection from Denver, will appear in Bowman football later this year. Topps did not post a card mock-up of the Bucs’ first draft choice (at No. 7), Alabama safety Mark Barron.
Panini America will release its 2012 Prestige Football set in June, so be on the lookout for rookie cards of the top draft picks. Thursday night, Panini sent out pictures of mock-up cards for top pick Andrew Luck (Colts), No. 2 Robert Griffin III (Redskins), No. 3 Trent Richardson (Browns) and No. 8 Ryan Tannehill (Dolphins).
Panini also does not have a mock-up card of Barron yet, but company marketing manager Tracy Hackler assured me that he’d send me one to post as soon as one becomes available.