Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Topps announces wrapper redemption for Bowman baseball
Posted May 2, 2012 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated May 2, 2012 at 05:17 PM
I know it’s true that collectors cannot wait to rip into new packs of baseball cards, but take some care when opening 2012 Bowman baseball when it hits stores on May 9. Those wrappers could be valuable.
On Wednesday, Topps announced a wrapper redemption for this year’s Bowman baseball, but it’s a limited promotion.
Collectors who send in 24 hobby or seven HTA wrappers will receive a free five-card pack of Blue Wave refractor parallel cards. Topps said in a release that once it receives 10,000 wrappers, the promotion will end. So, speed is imperative.
Inserted randomly into the Blue Wave packs will be bonus autograph cards of prospects like Josh Bell, Dante Bichette, Jr., Gerrit Cole and Matt Purke.
Send wrappers to:
P.O. Box 2008
Duryea, PA 18642