Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Topps announces wrapper redemption for 2013 Bowman baseball
Posted Apr 30, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Apr 30, 2013 at 05:56 PM
If you’re all wrapped up into baseball cards, then Topps’ latest promotion will intrigue you. On Tuesday, Topps announces its 2013 Bowman Baseball wrapper redemption program.
It’s quite simple: instead of throwing away those wrappers when opening packs of 2013 baseball, hang onto them and send them to Topps for an exclusive set of Bowman Blue Wave parallels.
Collectors sending in either 24 hobby pack wrappers, 10 HTA jumbo wrappers or 36 retail wrappers of 2013 Bowman Baseball will receive a five-card pack of Bowman’s Blue Wave parallels. And, there is also the possibility that the pack could contain special autographs of some of baseball’s top prospects.
There are some restrictions, of course. For starters, there is a 10-pack limit per household. All wrappers must be sent together in one package at one time. If someone sends more than one package from the same household, it will not be accepted. Packages also must be postmarked no earlier than May 8; earlier postmarked packages will not be accepted.
And Topps adds the caveat that submissions will be honored while supplies last, and that the company can reject submissions at their own discretion.
Here is where to send the wrappers:
Bowman Blue Wave Redemption
PO Box 2008
Duryea, PA 18642