Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Gausman is Bowman’s No. 3 redemption card
- Topps previews baseball Update series
- Panini’s Prime Hockey will have extra treat
- Rays juggle rotation to get Cobb a start this weekend against Yankees
- Beckett opens weekly Wednesday chat room on Facebook page
- Rays @ Jays: Joyce update, Longo DH, Molina returns
- NFL Network report on Revis is revealing
- In The Game acquires Sport Kings LP
- Pasco WR Nate Craig (2016) up to 15 Division I offers
- Tampa Bay softball players honored by FACA
- Western Conference Baseball Teams
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Panini previews Rookies & Stars football
- A peek at Panini’s 2013 Cooperstown Collection
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Topps announces SPs for Bowman football
Posted Jun 7, 2012 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Jun 7, 2012 at 06:53 PM
Topps confirmed on Thursday that its new 2012 Bowman football set will have 50 short-printed variation cards from the base set.
Topps noted in a news release that the short prints will include all of the top picks from the 2012 draft. Well, not quite. While Doug Martin, the Boise State running back the Bucs traded up to draft at No. 31 will have a base card and a short print, fellow first-round pick Mark Barron, a safety out of Alabama who was drafted at No. 7 by Tampa Bay, apparently does not. At least according to the list Topps published; Martin is listed as card No. 155.
It could be an oversight. I do have a message out to Topps to see if there is an SP for Barron.
The Bowman football hobby packs will contain one autograph per pack. They will be less frequent in retail packs.
There is a really good crop of rookies collectors will be interested in pulling out of packs: Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Ryan Tannehill, Trent Richardson and Nick Toon. And yes, even Justin Blackmon. All of these players will have base cards and variations.
The Luck short print will be the card that shows him without a football, while the base card will show him dropping back to throw, football in hand. Both photos are presented in this post.