Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Tigers baseball ranked No. 2 in the nation
Posted Feb 28, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Feb 28, 2012 at 04:18 PM
Off to a 4-0 start and having allowed just one run in that span, Jesuit’s baseball team has soared to the No. 2 spot on the MaxPreps Xcellent 25 National Rankings that were published Tuesday.
No. 1 is Las Vegas Bishop Gorman. Although the Gaels haven’t opened the season yet, Jesuit has stormed out to four wins and have outscored opponents 43-1. That includes a 3-1 victory over rival Tampa Catholic on Saturday. Besides big bats, the Tigers have had outstanding pitching, including from all-American candidate Lance McCullers.
The Tigers face winless Lennard (0-5) tonight at 7 in a district game.