Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
Tigers baseball ranked No. 2 in the nation
Posted Feb 28, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Feb 28, 2012 at 04:18 PM
Off to a 4-0 start and having allowed just one run in that span, Jesuit’s baseball team has soared to the No. 2 spot on the MaxPreps Xcellent 25 National Rankings that were published Tuesday.
No. 1 is Las Vegas Bishop Gorman. Although the Gaels haven’t opened the season yet, Jesuit has stormed out to four wins and have outscored opponents 43-1. That includes a 3-1 victory over rival Tampa Catholic on Saturday. Besides big bats, the Tigers have had outstanding pitching, including from all-American candidate Lance McCullers.
The Tigers face winless Lennard (0-5) tonight at 7 in a district game.