Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Tickets go on sale Wednesday for Plant-Robinson game
Posted Nov 5, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Nov 5, 2012 at 01:26 PM
Pre-sale of tickets for what is arguably the biggest regular-season football game of the year—Plant vs. Robinson—begins Wednesday morning at Robinson, Knights head coach Mike DePue announced Sunday.
“It’s going to be a playoff-type atmosphere,’’ said DePue, who is retiring at the conclusion of the season. ‘‘Both teams have already won their districts and have bigger things ahead of them, but this is a neighborhood rivalry with bragging rights on the line.’‘
Plant (8-1) and Robinson (9-0) are ranked Nos. 1 and 2 in the Tampa Tribune’s latest top 10 poll of county teams. Tickets go on sale Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. -12:45 p.m. at Robinson’s cafeteria. Tickets are $5 each and there are no pre-set limits on the number of tickets you can purchase.
If tickets still remain from Wednesday’s sale, there will also be a session for purchases Thursday and Friday, again in the cafeteria during the same time as Wednesday. The game is slated for a 7:30 p.m. kickoff Friday at Jack Peters Field.