Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Tickets go on sale Wednesday for Plant-Robinson game
Posted Nov 5, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Nov 5, 2012 at 01:26 PM
Pre-sale of tickets for what is arguably the biggest regular-season football game of the year—Plant vs. Robinson—begins Wednesday morning at Robinson, Knights head coach Mike DePue announced Sunday.
“It’s going to be a playoff-type atmosphere,’’ said DePue, who is retiring at the conclusion of the season. ‘‘Both teams have already won their districts and have bigger things ahead of them, but this is a neighborhood rivalry with bragging rights on the line.’‘
Plant (8-1) and Robinson (9-0) are ranked Nos. 1 and 2 in the Tampa Tribune’s latest top 10 poll of county teams. Tickets go on sale Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. -12:45 p.m. at Robinson’s cafeteria. Tickets are $5 each and there are no pre-set limits on the number of tickets you can purchase.
If tickets still remain from Wednesday’s sale, there will also be a session for purchases Thursday and Friday, again in the cafeteria during the same time as Wednesday. The game is slated for a 7:30 p.m. kickoff Friday at Jack Peters Field.